There are two units in this department
1. Pharmaceutical Outlets (Private and Public)
2. Regional Offices (Bo Kenema Makeni and Kono)
Functions of DCI
- Co-ordinate Inspections of the Pharmaceutical Service delivery points at Private Pharmaceutical outlets
- Co-ordinate Inspections of the Pharmaceutical Service delivery points at Central Districts Hospital Medical stores Peripheral Health Units and Non-Governmental Organizations)
- Supervise all four regional offices (South East North and Kono) for implementation of activities of the Pharmacy Board of Sierra Leone
- Co-ordinate suitability inspection exercises for new Pharmaceutical outlets
- Process applications for new and old premises as a requirement for registration.
- Conduct quarterly ad-hoc task force meetings for regional offices.