This department consists of three Units:
1. Pre-marketing Authorization
2. Marketing Authorization
3. Post-marketing Authorization
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Assisting the Registrar in the registration process of all pharmaceutical products in the Sierra Leone Market
- Ensuring that products of doubtful origin and quality are sent to the Quality Control Laboratory for analysis
- Control the promotion and advertisement of pharmaceutical products to the public and health providers.
- Make recommendations to the Drug and Quality Assurance Committee through the Registrar on ways of improving the activities and efficiency of the registration department.
- Submission of quarterly and annual reports to Registrar
- Provision of appraisal of staff to address issues pertaining to the department
- Compilation of annual gazette for professionals and premises
- Assist in inspection of pharmaceutical outlets to identify products that are registered or unregistered
- Dossier Evaluation
- Sample/ Advert Evaluation
- Supervision of the activities of various units within the department